Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Hours per Week: 35 hours per week
Are you an experienced Infrastructure Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity? My client, an esteemed public research institute is actively seeking a highly skilled professional to join their team. As a vital member of their 3rd-line support unit, you'll play a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing their on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
As an integral part of our client's digital services team, Infrastructure plays a critical role in enabling their staff to advance their mission of advancing public health and knowledge.
The ideal candidate should have substantial experience in a third-line support environment, dealing with various computerised systems. Additionally, they should have experience serving as an escalation point for team members. The successful candidate should be well-versed in:
- Wired and Wireless configurations
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting
- Active Directory and Azure Entry ID
- Familiarity with ITSM tooling
- Competence in software delivery tooling
- Diagnostic skills for complex problems
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, PKI, ADFS
- Microsoft Intune and SCCM
Please note that a flexible approach to location is required, including occasional travel between sites and the capacity to work outside the standard 0830-1730 Mon-Fri schedule to meet the demands of our client's research support.
- Competitive salary package
- Performance-based pay and bonuses
- VISA reimbursement scheme
- Life assurance
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Interest-free bicycle loans
- Financial assistance and advisory services
- Enhanced sick pay benefits
- Convenient staff shuttle bus from Sutton station to the ICR and Royal Marsden Hospital site in Belmont
- Inter-site coach transportation between Chelsea and Sutton
The annual leave entitlement is 28 days upon commencement, rising to 29 days after 2 full years of service, and further increasing to 30 days after 5 complete years of service. Additionally, employees will enjoy 8 bank holidays and 3 privilege days each year. All leave, bank holiday, and privilege day entitlements are calculated on a pro-rata basis for part-time employees based on a 35-hour working week.
Pensions at the ICR:
As part of our client's public research institute, employees will have access to the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS), a defined benefit scheme with competitive benefits. If transitioning from the NHS, employees can choose to remain a member of the NHS Pension Scheme.
Our client understands the importance of work-life balance for their employees with caring and parental responsibilities. Their offerings include:
- A flexible working framework
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Compassionate and special leave
- A Childcare Voucher Scheme
- The ICR Parents' Group, which supports the maternity mentoring scheme and advocates for family-friendly working practices
- Access to an occupational health department
- Well-being advisers available for informal support
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) offering life management advice and counselling services
- Various activities and training to support employee well-being
Sports and Social Facilities:
At Sutton, employees will have access to a free gym, a sports and social club, and staff restaurants serving a variety of hot and cold foods. Our client regularly organises engaging events, including quiz nights, board games evenings, and sports activities.
Our client invests in their employee's growth and development with sponsorship for professional qualifications, support for membership in professional bodies, and exceptional training and career development opportunities.
Join our client's public research institute and contribute to their mission of advancing public health and knowledge. If you possess the skills and experience required for this role and are seeking a fresh challenge we invite you to apply.