Role: Oracle DBA
Location: Liverpool (Flexible Working)
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 DOE
My client is a global brand with offices all over the world. They are seeking an experienced Senior Database Administrator (Oracle) on a fixed term contract (highly likely to be extended). The company is based in Liverpool but will require someone to travel in occasionally.
You will be working closely with IT teams: SAP, JDE and Business Analysts, to develop a continuing understanding of database needs, identify solutions to problems and improve the quality of service through database performance and design. You will be expected to have strong experience in Oracle, SQL and in the DBA area and will take the lead in the design of database solutions to support new applications or to re-architect the design suitable for the application upgrades of existing systems, especially with a view to Cloud platforms.
- University degree (preferably in Maths/Computer Science)
- Adaptable to change and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Capable of managing multiple problems and requests concurrently and being able to prioritize effectively.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect and organise data when requested from senior management.
- Ability to provide key written documentation for support team.
- Make informed recommendations to application owners.
- Is proactive in the identification of solutions and options for new issues.
Established in Didsbury, ITECCO has grown to become one of the UK's most successful and fastest growing IT recruitment companies in the UK.