Lead Data Engineer
Up to £70,000
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer with a proven background in business intelligence architecture and implementation, alongside a track record of database administration to join our team, reporting to the Head of IT Development.
- Defining and building data warehouse and reporting solutions
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Write consultancy level reports to be consumed by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of customer sites.
Skills & Qualifications
As a Lead Data Engineer you will be expected to demonstrate certain skills in order to successfully fulfil the role. These include:
- MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience with tuning and optimization for performance.
- Experience of troubleshooting tools ideally both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Monitor database performance to avoid bottlenecks and critical conditions to ensure continued delivery of service.
- Excellent understanding of the SQL Server architecture.
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL queries, stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, indexes, and developer code associated with the database.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Windows Server.
- Azure, azure DevOps, SQL platform, T-SQL, PowerBI, MySQL, ComosDB
- Building and improving Data Architecture or modern data platforms
- Experience with data storage technologies such as data lakes, data warehouse and traditional SQL data bases.
- Data Modelling (3NF, star schema etc)
- Data lake development using big data technologies or cloud native solutions
- ITIL incident management and problem management.
- PowerShell scripting experience.
- Crystal Reporting
- Alternative Databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Google Analytics, BigQuery