- An exciting role within a relaxed friendly environment
- Good long-term career prospects with ongoing personal development and the opportunity to be involved in our Cyber Security and eDiscovery services.
- Conduct forensically sound acquisitions, analysis and examinations of computer systems and associated media, either on-site or in the lab, ensuring continuity of all exhibits and maintaining integrity throughout
- Secure and retrieve data from computer systems in accordance with ACPO guidelines, utilising proprietary and bespoke software, in order to preserve evidence gathered during the course of investigations
- To record the details of analysis and investigations undertaken and maintain the confidentiality of this information
- To liaise with other bodies or agencies as and when required
- To ensure the work meets quality standards in providing a service to all clients; to report or escalate issues, as appropriate, to the Digital Forensics Manager
- Prepare detailed reports, Criminal Justice Act statements and exhibits to a standard suitable for use in criminal or civil court in support of these investigations
- To present evidence in court in a clear and comprehensive manner;
- To ensure that appropriate security and access control of forensic tools, systems and evidence is maintained at all times
- Assist with verification tests of forensic software and hardware and methods to independently validate functionality
- To develop experience and detailed technical knowledge of current technology and the wide variety of tools and techniques used to assist in the acquisition and analysis of evidence and the identification and recovery of data
- Attend seminars and classes for training in specialized forensic software applications, forensic analysis techniques and other specialized areas
- To assist, in a tutor role, in the training and development of any investigator or technician, when required to do so to maintain professional liaison and membership in professional organisations for cross-feed of technical information
- To attend regular mandatory counselling sessions as required
- To undertake any other duties that may be required
- To be prepared to work outside of normal office hours and/or to travel as and when required
- Work is performed under the general supervision of the Digital Forensics Manager.
Qualities we are looking for:
- You should have a good knowledge and understanding of the diversity of computer crime and the laws and principles concerned with digital forensics and electronic evidence
- You must have experience with EnCase forensic software and will ideally have undertaken training to intermediate level (at least). Familiarity with other products such as FTK, X-Ways and Magnet would also be beneficial
- An excellent understanding of analysing and interpreting file systems and operating system artefacts
- Good written and verbal communication skills as you will be expected to compose comprehensive reports and statements and may be required to present your findings in court
- You will be able to demonstrate that you can contribute a skill set that will be of value to our team alongside a proven track record in digital investigations practices & procedures gained as a digital forensics practitioner.
- Company statutory pension scheme
- Extra days holiday for your birthday
- A birthday gift, rising in value each year
- Bupa Cashplan (or equivalent)
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- Annual Media Subscriptions (from a choice of Netflix HD, Amazon Prime, Spotify, Magazine sub, etc)
- An annual work anniversary gift, rising in value each year. In addition, after 3 years of service, you will receive a £300 bonus. After 5 years of service, you will receive a £500 bonus. After 10 years of service, you will receive a £1,000 bonus.
- Month-end lunch and lots more.