Position: Data Scientist
Salary: 55-65K (depending on experience)
Location: Guildford (Hybrid role)
My client is currently looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join their growing team! Operating in the finance sector, my client is quickly growing to become one of the leaders in its industry. With inter-industry partnerships with global companies such as Goldman Sachs and Vodafone, they have quickly expanded their customer base and implemented revenue streams that have led to impressive year on year growth. The last 12 months have seen an 88% growth in revenue and their forecasts suggest that this will be replicated in the following year. With their strategic partnerships, accelerating growth and fierce innovation, they are swiftly on their way to becoming one of the front runners in the industry!
They are now looking for an experienced and driven Data Scientist to join their team. This office is based in Guildford, operating on a hybrid basis, but there will be the potential for remote working. As a Data Scientist, you will be interpreting and managing data to solve complex problems using your expertise in implementing technical analysis. You will be turning raw data into valuable insights for organisations to help them grow and compete in their industries.
What we are looking for…
You'll extract, analyse and interpret large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to businesses. Once you've interpreted the data, you'll present your results using clear and engaging language. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Work closely with your business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
Requirements & Skills
- Degree in Maths/Statistics/Data Science/STEM or another quantitative field
- 3+ years' commercial experience working as a Data Scientist
- Highly proficient in using programming languages such as SQL, R and Python
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Drive and the resilience to try new ideas if the first one doesn't work - you'll be expected to work with minimal supervision, so it's important that you're able to motivate yourself
- planning, time management and organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
If this company sounds like a great fit for you, please APPLY and get in touch immediately with Milan Jaizani @ ITECCO on 0203 334 9390 or email milan . jaizani @ itecco . co . uk to discuss interview availability.
Established in Didsbury, ITECCO has grown to become one of the UK's most successful and fastest growing IT recruitment companies in the UK.