£30,000 - £40,000
Sponsorship cannot be provided
If you have a passion for data, we want to hear from you! This is a new role, for a skilled
Data Analyst to join a fantastic team in a company that is experiencing a period of sustained
growth. This is a great opportunity to extend your expertise using the latest Microsoft and
related technologies, working on long-term projects for enterprise-level customers in a wide
range of industries and business sectors.
Purpose of the Role
- Working with departmental technical, business and management teams to understand their data and analytics requirements
- Leading reporting development through all stages of engagement - from requirements capture, data model building, data visualisation and delivery
- Developing and leading the implementation of the Microsoft Power Platform solutions, with a primary focus on data analytics.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, designing, and delivering data and analytics solutions that meet business requirements and drive clear commercial benefits for customers
- Capture requirements, develop specification and perform tasks such as configuration, testing, data manipulation and documentation
- Communicating analysis and technical concepts to non-technical users, clearly and concisely
- Develop and demonstrate strong Microsoft Power Platform product skills, specifically Power BI
- Champion continuous improvements to the data and analytics function, using a proactive and solution-oriented approach
- Where appropriate, undertake delivery of product training in a classroom or on-site setting.
- Experience working with BI visualisation tools - Power BI and DAX preferred
- Previous experience with the Microsoft Dynamics Power Platform (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Confident and skilled using Microsoft Excel
- Proven development experience including processing, modelling, manipulating, and analysing large datasets
- Familiarity with SQL and ETL processes
- Understanding of key foundational data concepts (e.g. data visualisation, statistics, databases) is needed as a foundation on which to build
- Customer support - resolving issues directly, using your own skills and knowledge.
- Degree in a numerate, business or computing subject, or an equivalent qualification
- Microsoft Certified Professional or willingness to gain MCP qualifications through self-study
- A level qualification or equivalent.
What We Offer
- Industry aligned competitive salary
- 31 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Continuous professional development
- Access to learning resources to support study to achieve Microsoft certifications
- Opportunity to work from home to ensure a healthy work/life balance
- Performance based incentives and bonuses
- Company pension scheme